On Sunday 4 August 2019, ACT Climate Change and Sustainability Minister Shane Rattenbury officially launched the Your New Home Buyer’s Guide.
This Guide was developed by Commonsense Sustainability Solutions in collaboration with SEE-Change.
The Your New Home Buyer’s Guide takes you through the steps involved with choosing a home, explaining what to look for and the important questions to ask, especially if you are new to the process.
Of the 12 steps involved with buying a new home, this Guide focuses on the following:
– Getting started
– Planning your budget
– Choosing where to live
– Choosing your home
– Working with your Expert (room by room)
– Selecting heating and cooling, fittings and appliances
– Selecting colours and finishes, and outdoor areas
– Finishing off
It also explains what you should look for to make sure your home is cheaper to run with lower energy bills and at the same time better for the environment.
To complement the Guide, the following checklists have also been developed.
– The ‘Overview’ checklists are a condensed version of the checklists shown in the Buyer’s Guide, making them an easy, paper-saving print version.
– The ‘Before signing a contract and building’ checklists provides a list of the key items to check before you sign a contract or start building.